Tuesday, June 29, 2010

I'm Here!

I'm really trying to keep this thing going. I have been so remiss with posting but am committed to get my literary ball rolling. I am going to attempt to "social network" using all my social networking sites to help spread the word of The Black Cow. There are plenty of people in the general area that do not visit us. I want to know why. We are very nice people, we welcome anyone and everyone, we have damn good coffee as good as you can get, our prices are competitive with any other coffee operation out there. What is it that keeps people from coming in. I have friends that I grew up with still very friendly, maybe not socially but certainly hand shakes, hugs, kisses etc. and they have never set foot in the store. It's strange to me. If something or someone offended them I want to know. If I somehow I offended them I want to know. I just want to know.....spread the word The Black Cow has been operating for 15 years this year. We pride ourselves in being the best possible specialty coffee operation we can be. This month we were named "The Peoples Choice" winners for "Best Cafe" in Westchester Magazines Best of Westchester Issue. I would much rather have the peoples choice award than the magazines pick any day. It makes us feel that we are doing something good for the community. Hopefully this is the beginning of continued postings and as I branch out into the social networking world please join in. Post ideas opinions etc. Become a fan of The Black Cow Coffee Companys facebook page. I try and post the Coffees/Iced Teas of the day every day and just try and entertain. Until next time in the immortal words of Bartles and james "and thank you for your support"......xo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I am glad to see you are on here- although I am the only one commenting thus far, they will start rolling in, I am sure. What is it about people? The thing is, no matter how much I have wanted to go into certain businesses in all the places we have lived, I often find I will fail to do so- no matter how good the word on the street is about it. It isn't about an element lacking, instead it is just me. I just find a million other things to do and "the best of intentions..." well, you know the rest of that saying.
Keep up the hard work on the blog and fb. I enjoy seeing the updates. In fact- I am OUT of coffee (sin I know, blame the family for letting me run out while I am laid up! *grin*) so I will be in late this afternoon to stock back up.

Michael said...

First, thank you for posting..I know that its up to me to get the word out and that's what I'm working on. Second, why are you laid up. I hope everything is OK. see you soon......

Unknown said...

I tore a calf muscle trying to push a car of all things! lol
BUT- it was all okay for 20 minutes as I sat and enjoyed a cup of 'Joe' today. WOWZA I LOVE it!!! First time trying that one. I am a HUGE Harrar fan and now Joe is added to my absolute tops list. I also bought Smoke and Sophie's Horn today for the house. Haven't tried either yet so really looking forward to it.
BTW- loved the new carpet!