Tuesday, June 29, 2010

More Stuff


In 2004 a woman named Felice Kaufman came into the store and told me she was writing a cook book and would I be interested in submitting a recipe for good coffee. I was curious what kind of cook book would support a recipe for good coffee. She told me she was in the publishing business and also the mother a little girl of girl scout age. She wanted to write a cook book called "Americans Cook" and sell it as a fundraiser for her daughters girl scout troop. She mentioned that she had some connections and was getting politicians, chefs, celebrities, and notable people in America to submit their favorite recipe. She was a customer, lived in Chappaqua and I thought it would be fun so I submitted a recipe for my the perfect cup of coffee and my favorite coffee based drink the "Espresso Macciato". It turns out she was pretty serious. 300 recipes submitted by President Bill Clinton(Chicken Enchiladas), Chef Jean-Georges Vongerichten of "Vong"(Crunchy Fall Vegetable Salad), The "21" Club(Caesar Salad), Senator Trent Lott(Mississippi Marinated Shrimp), Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger(Kaiserschmarren), Chris Madden(Fast Tomato Soup), Nancy Reagan(Mac and Cheese), Chef Tom Colicchio(Braised Red Snapper), Dom Deluise(Sweet Potato Souffle), Chef Daniel Boulud of "Daniel"(Chocolate Bread Pudding With Dried Fruit) and 289 more people like this and......me. When I got the copy and saw who I was on the pages with I felt pretty OK. Attached are my recipes and again the book is called "Americans Cook" by Felice Kaufman published by herself at Linzer Tart LLC. If you can find it check it out its a great cook book and The Black Cow is in it, page 22.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

well, if dat idn't a boost I don't know what is!! *grin*
What a huge compliment to be paid. I am a complete cookbook junkie- will be looking for it now!

hershal tyles said...

i have a copy of this cookbook and so does my sister.....this book makes a wonderful addition to anyone who is serious in their kitchen !!!

hershal tyles

blackcow said...

I just found out that it is still available on Amazon..... http://www.amazon.com/Americans-Cook-Felice-Kaufman/dp/0615131441 really good book with wonderful recipes......